- 600 square meter Double storey extension
- Refurbishment of existing building
- External hard and soft landscaping.
These healthcare building works were undertaken for St Lawrence surgery primary care trust. The work was undertaken to increase the number of consulting rooms available and thus increase patient capacity so to reduce waiting times for appointments and to comply with DDA and infection control legislation. The works had to be ongoing whist the surgery was fully operational and accepting 1400 patients a week with no disruption to doctor’s patients or any of the admin team. This was achieved by constantly liaising with the practice manager and senior doctors and implementing systems of work which allowed the surgery to be fully operational throughout the project. With this constant management of the work we were able to complete the works on time and on budget.
The works compromised of the following:
- Demolition of part of the existing surgery.
- Excavation and casting of foundations.
- Installation of new drainage system and connections.
- Installation of steel frame.
- Block and beam flooring including screed and insulation.
- Construction of external and internal masonry walls.
- Bison beam flooring and pre cast stairwell.
- Installation of Upvc windows and doors.
- Installation of automated sliding doors.
- Installation of platform lift.
- Full Mechanical and electrical installation.
- Construction of MF walls and ceilings.
- Dry-lining and plastering works.
- Installation of IPS System’s to all new consulting rooms.
- Installation of all second fix carpentry works.
- Decoration throughout.
- Installation of Altro flooring and carpet.
- External employee car park.
- Hard and soft landscaping.
This isn’t the only surgery we’ve worked on. Find out how we transformed one in Haywards Heath.