- Demolition of internal walls and door widening
- Electrical and data repositioning
- DDA compliance
These works were undertaken for Newton’s practice Haywards Health Primary Care Trust. This project was undertaken to utilise the existing layout of the building and to reconfigure it to make the space work harder. Also, to make more consulting rooms available and thus increase patient capacity so to reduce waiting times for appointments and to comply with DDA and infection control legislation. The works had to be ongoing whist the surgery was fully operational and accepting 1300 patients a week with no disruption to doctor’s patients or any of the admin team. This was achieved by constantly liaising with the practice manager and senior doctors and implementing systems of work which allowed the surgery to be fully operational throughout the works. With this constant management of the works we were able to complete the works on time and on budget. This has led to us reconfiguring five areas within the surgery on separate occasions and achieving the same results.
The works compromised of the following
- Demolition of internal walls.
- Door widening works.
- Installation of new drainage system and connections.
- Installation of work space and storage.
- Full mechanical and electrical installation.
- Dry-lining and plastering works.
- Installation of IPS Sinks to all new consulting rooms.
- Installation of all second fix carpentry works.
- Decoration throughout.
- Installation of Altro flooring and carpet.