Council Building Refurbishment: Key Project Elements
- Strip out of all services
- Full refurbishment of existing three bedroom property
- Build extension and associated works
- External ramps for disabled access and landscaping
These refurbishment works were undertaken as subcontractor at Edmund Road, Southsea for Portsmouth City Council. The work was carried out as part of a refurbishment programme and upgrade of the council’s properties. The extension’s purpose was to provide a DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) shower room and lobby entrance. Wheelchair access had to be maintained throughout the property for ease of the tenants and carers.
The building works had to be completed to deadlines to allow new tenants to move in and to ease the shortage of DDA compliant housing within the Portsmouth area. All of the work was managed by Form Construction whilst under the scrutiny of Portsmouth City Council’s project managers and clerks of works.
All refurbishment and building projects were completed on time and were handed back to Portsmouth City Council with no defects.
The works compromised of the following:
- Strip out of all services.
- Strip out of all timber doors skirting’s architraves kitchens and bathrooms.
- Strip out of existing floor joists and flooring.
- Demolition and construction of internal walls to suit new configuration.
- Installation of doors and windows.
- Installation of new electric and heating systems.
- Dry lining and plastering of walls and ceilings.
- All carpentry works including linings, doors and skirting’s and architrave.
- Installation of new kitchens.
- Installation and commissioning of sanitary ware and tiling.
- Installation of DDA compliant shower room.
- Decoration throughout.
- Construction of access ramp and landscaping.