- Block and beam
This work was undertaken for a domestic client in Hartley Road Portsmouth. This job was made very difficult by its close proximity to a shore line and a very high water table. This made us have to revaluate our methods of excavation and support for the excavations. Whilst undertaking the groundworks we hit a problem, unknown to us there was a full drainage system under the house which had to be subsequently removed, the groundworks proved tricky but not impossible.
The works compromised of the following:
- Excavation and casting of foundations.
- Clearance of over site.
- Construction of block work and supporting walls up to DPC.
- Installation of block and beam flooring.
- Exposing drainage line and connection.
- Installation of new drainage run outside of buildings footprint.
- Construction of external brickwork and openings.