Barn Conversion Project, Key Features
- Door and window glazing
- Roof timber repairs and tiling
- Upgrade and renewal of timber cladding
- Internal refurbishment
These works were undertaken for a residential client in Denmead, Hampshire. As with any barn conversion there are many obstacles to overcome before the true potential is realised. Although the structure of the building was sound there was evidence of a lot of rotten timber cladding. We used our intelligent construction approach to this problem and upgraded the walls acoustically and thermally whilst we were given the opportunity of replacing the cladding. These measures combined with the new installation of windows and doors made an immediate impact not just on wellbeing but financially. Once the outside was completed the refurbishment works internally began and with great results.
The works compromised of the following:
- Removal of defective timbers within the roof and replacements provided.
- Replacement tiles sourced and installed.
- Removal of external cladding and insulation upgrade.
- Installation of Replacement cladding and decorating.
- Installation of windows and doors.
- Installation of dry-lining and plastering.
- Installation of tiling to walls and floors.
- Kitchen installed and worktops.