Building Contract – Key Features
- Building demolition
- Construction of a double storey extension
- Construction of Oak Orangery
- Installation of kitchens and bathrooms
This work was undertaken for a domestic client in Shipley, East Sussex. The client’s wishes for this project were to make the most intelligent use of the space provided using modern building practices but with the remit of creating the illusion of an aged building. This was achieved with the use of reclaimed and glazed bricks, handmade roofing tiles, oak windows and orangery, oak ceiling joists and slate flooring. With the care taken to listening to the clients wishes and sourcing of the correct materials for use this was achieved with spectacular results.
The works compromised of the following:
- Demolition of existing out buildings.
- Excavation and casting of foundations.
- Block and beam flooring including screed and insulation.
- Widening of openings and replacement lintels.
- Construction of external walls.
- Construction of pitched roof with heritage roof lights and tile coverings.
- Installation of Oak windows and Orangery.
- Tile hanging to aspects of building.
- Flat roof construction and single ply covering.
- Construction of oak beam flooring system.
- Installation of mega flow and commissioning.
- Kitchen installations with granite and oak work tops.
- Bathroom installation and commissioning of sanitary ware.
- Installation and commissioning of underfloor heating system.
- Tiling to walls and floors.