Building Contract Works
- Demolition with minimum disruption
- Structural support works
- Door widening and installation
These building works were undertaken for a Royal Holloway University of London within term time. The renovation work needed to be completed with minimum disruption to staff and students alike. The purpose of this work was to allow new equipment purchased by the university to be able to get into the building as the specialist equipment was so large. The measurements had to be precise or the equipment would not fit into the allocated space.
The building works compromised of the following:
- Site set up of protective hoarding so dust was kept to a minimum.
- Support of existing building by use of acros and needles to allow demolition to take place.
- Removal of existing electricity supply.
- Cut back brickwork to allow for new size increase.
- Installation of new lintels to brickwork and making good of brickwork.
- Manufacture and installation of emergency exit doors.
- New electrical positioning of lighting and switching.
- Decoration to doors and affected areas.