This Portsmouth landscaping and building works project involved:
- Single storey music studio
- Installation of acoustic products
- Patio installation
This landscaping and building work was undertaken for a residential client in Portsmouth. The purpose of this job was to build a music studio within the garden which would have no impact on the surrounding neighbours. We were able to use our intelligent construction approach to use products that would achieve this to great effect. The second phase, once the music studio was built, was to landscape the existing garden area and create somewhere that the family would want to spend time together in. All of these works were extremely difficult as the property had no access other than through the house. A system of work was put in place and strictly adhered to which enable the client continual use of their living area with minimal disruption.
The works compromised of the following:
- Excavation and casting of foundations and floor slab.
- Construction of walls and openings.
- Installation of roof and coverings.
- Acoustic insulation and resilient bar installation.
- Soundboards installation and plastering.
- Importation of type 1 stone and compacting.
- Installation of a surface water drainage system.
- Curved walls to create a seating area.
- Installation of new fences.
- Installation of Sawn sandstone patio laid to falls.